ARTIST TALK / BOOK LAUNCH / ANNOUNCEMENT: Julian Germain
Time & Location
About The Event
Photographic artist #JulianGermain presents 'No Olho Da Rua (In the Eye of the Street), 1995 - 2020', addressing homelessness on the streets of #Brazil.
The project is a collaboration involving @JulianGermain, Patricia Azevedo, Murilo Godoy, and more than 100 street dwellers from Belo Horizonte, Brazil.
“The idea is not to offer ‘supervised’ access to #photography, but to offer people the freedom to make their own pictures of anything they want, where and when they choose.” - Julian Germain
The evening will include:
- Performances by musicians from Brighton’s New Note Orchestra, the first 'recovery' orchestra in the World
- @JulianGermain will present No Olho Da Rua
- Street stories collected from Bristol’s homeless community by @peoplesrepublicofstokescroft
- Dr Annebella Pollen of the University of Brighton investigates participatory photography projects and asks if and how they can create a meaningful platform for those who are usually excluded.
- Launch of ‘Rosemary’s Cars’, the latest ‘zine from the No Olho da Rua Archive.
- A pay bar will be available during the event.
- The opportunity to buy No Olho Da Rua - published by @MorelBooks
One of a series of No Olho da Rua events, supported by an Arts Council National Lottery Project Grant.